Already licensed and want some practice on your own motorcycle with the support of our HD Certified RiderCoaches? This is for you. No evaluations...just riding exercises.
What To Expect
When you take a Skilled Rider Course: Skill Practice Class at the Riding Academy you’ll:
- Practice on your own motorcycle.
- Ride without formal tests, only friendly coaching tips.
- Get on-range instruction from Instructors Certified by the Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA), Motorcycle Safety Foundation® (MSF) and H-D®.
- Practice basic skills like clutch throttle control, shifting turning and braking and advanced skills such as corning and hazard avoidance.
- Earn a completion certificate, which may score you a discount on your insurance.
Whether you need to bond with your new bike, or get reacquainted with your old one...this is the course for you.
Skilled Rider Course: Skill Practice FAQs
What will I need to register?
You'll need a valid driver's license with your motorcycle endorsement. Only personally owned motorcycles may be used for this class.
Do I need any special gear?
You'll need to bring the following:
- A heavy, long-sleeve shirt or jacket
- Jeans, chaps, or leather pants
- Over-the-ankle, sturdy footwear
- Full-fingered gloves
- A helmet that meets DOT requirements
- Chesapeake Harley-Davidson Riding Academy is an independent training center under contract with the Maryland MVA.
- Our curriculum is developed developed by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation® and the Maryland Motorcycle Safety Program.
- Basic riding skill IS required to participate in this course.
- A completion certificate is issued after course completion.
The Skilled Rider Course: Skill Practice includes:
- A brief administrative meeting to sign registration forms.
- 5 hours of riding exercises on our closed course with hourly breaks at the scenic Cedar Lane Regional Park.
- Group activities during breaks to sharpen defensive riding strategies.
- Attend all riding sessions on time.
- Meet riding exercise objectives.
- clothes desk when you pick up your course materials. You may also pay by phone with Debbie at 410-893-2493.
- Eisenhauer's Chesapeake Harley-Davidson Riding Academy allows customers to enroll online for a limited time without payment.
- Customers are notified with a payment due date, usually by email or text.
- Customers may be withdrawn from the course if payment is not made by cash or credit card by the payment due date.
Refund & Cancellation Policy:
- Once the course fee has been paid, we do not offer refunds. If you are unable to attend your scheduled class you will have the opportunity to reschedule and attend another class during the current riding season. Once the current riding season ends you will forfeit the cost of the course.
- Review the complete Refund and Cancellation Policy
- Find a class and enroll here.
- Be sure you're enrolled in the correct class type and dates that work for your schedule. Some classes meet on a weekday and may require time off from work.
- Most classes meet
- Weekdays 8AM-4PM
- Saturday or Sunday 8AM-4PM